[geeks] smallest portable vt100?

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 03:29:52 CDT 2001

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 02:54:29AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I have a need for a small-as-possible-but-still-decent-keyboard
> portable computer/handheld/etc capable of functioning as a
> 9600 baud serial console terminal (VT100 emulation) for a Sun
> machine, that can run on batteries for two hours or so while driving
> the serial port.

I need an even smaller serial terminal.  I'm into wearables, and would
like to drive my head-mounted display from a serial port.  So I need a
serial-to-VGA adapter :-)

> I'll go with an older P75 laptop if I *have* to, but something smaller that
> I could carry in a backpack or kit bag would be best...

Libretto.  Or maybe a Psion.

--
David Cantrell | cthulhu at unixbeard.net | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

  Rip, Mix, Burn, unless you're using our "most advanced operating system
   in the world" which we decided to release incomplete just for a laugh