[geeks] anybody using MySQL database replication?

Dan Debertin geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon May 28 17:02:41 CDT 2001

Bill,
	Make sure that your master is dumping binary logs. Do you have
something like the following in "mysqladmin processlist" ?

+--------+-----------+---------------------+----+-------------+---------+---------------------------------------------+------------------+
| Id     | User      | Host                | db | Command     | Time    |
State                                       | Info             |
+--------+-----------+---------------------+----+-------------+---------+---------------------------------------------+------------------+
| 244    | replicant | barabas             |    | Binlog Dump | 1483684 |
Slave connection: waiting for binlog update |                  |
| 2783   | repl      | inka.bitstream.net  |    | Binlog Dump | 1470050 |
Slave connection: waiting for binlog update |                  |

It looks like your database perms are fine, as it's connecting, but it's
not getting a binlog dump when it gets there.

Have you imported a current snapshot of the database? You slave needs to
start at the same place that the master is at in order to process updates.

I used this walk-through to set up our production replication system:

http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Replication.html#Replication_HOWTO

Dan
--
Dan Debertin