[geeks] SGI Indigo issue.

Tim Harrison geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat May 26 20:22:16 CDT 2001

"Joshua D. Boyd" wrote:

> When he said $60-$80, I believe he meant for a stripped machine (no hard
> drive, no memory, perhaps no CPU, poor video).  $200 is really only for
> the r4k versions (what you want).  Full r3k machines seem to be much
> cheaper.

So far, I've not seen a stripped down one.  Then again, I don't look all
that often. :)

Recently, I've had an odd change of heart.  Before, I wanted to have
everything.  I wanted all the toys I could never have had when I was
young and in a bad scene.  Now, I can have them, I've had them, and I
don't want them all anymore.  I just want the ones that I use, and the
rest need to go away.  I'm working on a listing of toys to sell off.  So
far, the two unused Indys, now the Indigo, the HP Apollo 720, maybe the
two SS2s (haven't decided if I want to use them yet), and a whole load
of extra stuff (an HP Laserjet IIIp that's taking up part of my closet,
a couple of IBM terminal for AS/400s, a PowerTower Pro 200MHz that won't
boot, and some P100s).  Once I've got my listing together, I'll probably
post something to the sales list.  Someday, I'll decide what I want to
do with the PDP-11/34a.  Maybe McGuire needs another one for parts. :)

<eyeing Bill to see if he's going to thwap me for mentioning this stuff
here>

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer