[geeks] Question...

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu May 24 12:42:17 CDT 2001

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 01:39:45PM -0400, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> Corporate sponserships would be fine.  Why is 500megs a day such a
> problem?  I do it fairly frequently at home/school/work and they never
> seem to notice.  Heck, the other week, I checked the log at home and found
> that my family had transfered 2 gigs in 36hours.

500 megs a day = 15 gigs a month, plus web traffic equals 20 or so gigabytes
of traffic a month.  Most colocation plans price according to 95th-percentile
bandwidth used.. as long as my traffic doesent go UP on five-minute
averages, everything should be okay.  I just wanted to get everyone's
opinions on possible things I *might* have to do.

Keep in mind this is not a home DSL connection where they dont *care* how
much you download... This is outgoing traffic from my machine colocated
in their datacenter.

bill

--
Bill Bradford