[geeks] date command for NT?

Will Mc Donald geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue May 22 17:31:43 CDT 2001

Is installing 3rd party software acceptable in this case? If so, Cygwin
 http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ ) provide a whole suite of unix style
tools and utilities for Windows machines. I suspect JP Software's Take
Command or 4DOS would do it as well but I don't know.

As a non-programmer I would hazard a guess at it being possible
programatically, you can customise the way Windows reports the date so I
dare say it can be done through some API or other.

As for native tools, I suspect not. I just typed "man time" unkthinkingly at
a Win 9x command prompt which didn't really help. :)