[geeks] holy moly!

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon May 21 16:59:55 CDT 2001

"Breathe deep, we can get through this - the learning curve is long and steep, the power requirements are significant, and while the geek factor is high, the almost total lack of *either* a first-person shooting game *or* a Linux port will almost certainly guarantee that every dollar you sink/invest in the machine will be money you will never get back. Heck, Apache hasn't even been ported to it (yet)! Not to mention the lack of a crayrescue.org site/mail list..."

"Does it still seem like a good idea?"

"Well, I guess we'll have to resort to more drastic measures - Nurse! Bring me the SC2000e, the one with the two HSI paddles. We'll see if we can't *shock* your mind right!"

Bzzzt. Bzzzt.

"Shoot, no effect - he's leaning in to click on the buy now button. QUick, post a note to rescue at sunhelp.org pointing to an auction for a complete, fully-functional Sun 1 prototype - with hand-coded Y2K fix by the previous owner, Bill Joy. Wait, it still has a copy of the note Bill Joy sent Scott McNealy announcing the machine design is ready to be committed to manufacturing!"

Jon falls to the floor once he sees the note at the bottom, indicating that the only form of payment acceptable his mortal soul...

"There, that one gets them every time - my work is done here..."

Ken