[geeks] motorcycling....

Erik geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon May 21 13:48:18 CDT 2001

> Well I've layed bikes down on the street twice (dirt bikes hundreds of times
> of course) and in neither case was I hurt, though in the second crash the
> bike was totalled by a wayward joshua tree.
>
> Honestly riding isn't all that dangerous if you wear proper safety equipment
> and ride responsibly. The only problem is that there is a lot more out there
> in the enviroment to effect you than with a car. The two times I went down
> were due to road conditions. First one was a patch of ice on a frosty spring
> morning, the second was some sand in a very fast corner.

I'm with you on that one. If you ride responsiblty, and stay alert, you
aren't that dangerous.

Now if you live in Los Angeles, you have to deal with all of these rich
piece of shit in their Lincoln navigators, BMW x5's, nissan Xterras, and
range rovers.. taking up 1.2 lanes when they drive and following the newly
made yuppy law that states "when you are on your cell phone, do not check
your blind spot, do not be considerate, and do not pay attention to
anything but your final destination"....   Then it gets a little more
dangerous, but it's not the rider, it's the elements presented to the
rider.

Erik

"Security is a process, not a product."