[geeks] musings

Will Mc Donald geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon May 21 07:09:16 CDT 2001

From: "David Murphy" <drjolt+geeks at redbrick.dcu.ie>

> Quoting <Pine.SOL.3.95.1010519161427.6118A-100000 at wilkes>
> by "Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu>:
>
> > You know, I think that clacky keyboards are better than spongy ones,
> > but those old IBM keyboards take too much effort to push the keys.
> > In my anything but humble, using one is just asking for RSI related
> > injuries.
>
> Depends on the person, I have a Sun type 6 at work, which is pretty
> short/light for a desktop keyboard, and while I find it a lot better
> than a type 5, it's starting to annoy me - I find the IBM-style
> keyboard I have at home more comfortable.

I think this thread started with Silitek keyboards? Bill, out of interest,
what Silitek product code does your new SGI keyboard have on it?

Now I'm in work, my keyboard here is a Silitek SK1000-REW. If *anyone* knows
where I could buy a couple of these new-ish (in the UK ideally), I'd love to
hear. They're the keyboards Dell used to supply about, err, 3 years ago with
OptiPlexes.

These buggers...

http://support.euro.dell.com/docs/dta/09682/

Will - off to eBay.co.uk