[geeks] musings

Jody Stephens geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat May 19 18:38:40 CDT 2001

I concur, especially because the lock,alt(possibly), and the ctrl can
interchange. And it feels soooo gooood. And it's got a nice big
backspace key as opposed to say... the sun type 4 which constantly
defeats me by making the delete and backspace keys small and close
together. But then the type 5 has what seems like a itsy bitsy backspace
key.

What I really want to know, though, is why PC keyboards (or most
any keyboard) has a frikkin caps lock key. In my entire life (albeit
short, comparetivley) I have never needed the caps lock key (mmm...
except for maybe LOGO, but that was probably on something that
only did uppercase). And even if I did I would expect the application
to offer a "all-caps" mode. Daily I hit the caps lock and get into some
obscure mode of vi or get angry because ctrl-d doesn't log me out.
Oh well, then there is the SysReq key...

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 04:36:13PM -0400, Michael S. Schiller wrote:
> By far, the best keyboard ever made was the Northgate Omnikey series of
> keyboards. I've used them for years, and they even used to make a special set of
> keycaps so it could be used on a Commodore Amiga (where I first used one).
>
> -Mike
>
> Tugrul Galatali wrote:

[snip]
--
                Jody Stephens -- (303)322-1965 x2608
                      jodys at tatteredcover.com
                     Tattered Cover Book Store
                          1628 16th Street
                         Denver, Co. 80202
                       (303)322-1965 Offices
(303)436-1070 LoDo Store         (303)629-1704 Office and LoDo Fax
(303)322-7727 Cherry Creek Store (303)399-2279 Cherry Creek Fax