[geeks] musings

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat May 19 15:17:01 CDT 2001

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 04:09:35PM -0500, Tugrul Galatali wrote:
> *another random musing*
> 	Whatever happened to the days when I thought P5s should have been
> where Intel stopped developing CPUs and the world should have started
> developing efficient software instead? I remember P5 60s running Win 3.1
> like lightning for what its worth... (that was the first current computer
> I encountered after using second hand Apple IIes and IBM XT at home. I was
> blown away :)

Software will expand to take up all available RAM and CPU processing
power.  MP3s and net pron will expand to take up all available HD space.

I remember when a 1G disk was HUGE... now I have a 20G in this system,
and its considered SMALL.. You can get an 80G for LESS than what I paid
for (at company-cost-prices) for a Seagate 1G IDE back in 1995.

($250 for that drive... and $700 for my first SPARCstation 1.. *sniff*)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net