[geeks] Alpha check

Joshua D. Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu May 17 21:31:43 CDT 2001

On Thu, 17 May 2001, David Cantrell wrote:

> On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 05:42:46PM -0400, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
>
> > I recommend debian.  I use both redhat and debian on intel, and am
> > reasonably happy with both.
>
> Is it something I've broken, or does Debian not include ldd?  Oh, and
> due to the packaging system being so much more comprehensive than (eg)
> Deadrat's, it can be trickier to upgrade your kernel.  Which is kinda
> annoying when their default kernel packages include only half of what
> a laptop user needs - they have PCMCIA, but no apm!

I have ldd on my debian box.  And I had no trouble upgrading my kernel.
But then, I'm working on a relatively simple box.  The only complex things
in it is the sound card (SB Live).  My video card still isn't working
problerly, but it works with the generic drivers, so it never presented
any real trouble.

--
Joshua Boyd