[geeks] Super Sun3

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu May 17 20:01:57 CDT 2001

> The real problem with this whole scheme is that linux/m68k isn't really
> anywhere near being ready to go SMP.  (i suspect because none of the m68k
> developers has ever gotten his hands on a multiprocessor m68k.)   That's

i wonder how much truth there is to that?  m68k is old enough that most of it
is free or or trivial cost, and there were many many many SMP m68k boxes
available in their hayday.

> why I'm buying some of them....  it will if I have anything to say about
> it. :)
> -- Sam

which is exactly why i'm looking to pick some up, but for NetBSD rather than
linux.  i'm not god's gift to kernel hackers or anything, but i'm going to use
these to work on when i get pissed off at the sgimips boxen i have. :)

-brian