[geeks] Alpha check

Joshua D. Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed May 16 20:38:45 CDT 2001

I'm being offer a "Alpha PCI_33 Single board Computer" with a 166 alpha
chip. It has four SIMM sockets.  I have a P75 machine, with 2 FPM SIMMS
and 2 EDO SIMMS (or is it 4 EDO or 4FPM.  I'd have to reboot it to be
sure).  How likely is it that some or all of my old memory will work on
the Alpha board?

This would be running Linux, and will be my primary fileserver replacing
affor mentioned P75.  That P75 isn't too slow (not real great), but it is
maxed out for expansion, and this board would let me go a bit farther.
Plus, I could use it to make sure my code is 64bit safe.

--
Joshua Boyd