[geeks] note to self

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed May 16 12:56:39 CDT 2001

> New requirement for all <company I work for> NOCs:
>
> A DAMN RADIO FOR WHEN YOURE INSTALLING A SYSTEM AT
> 2 IN THE MORNING AND HAVE NOTHING BUT A BOOK.
>
> These damn fans are white noise, which tends to put
> me to sleep..

it's worse than you imagine it to be.  tiny little colo suite at Level3 (morons)
with 40 PC web servers (6 fans each) 12 big Sun machines (more big fans then are
reasonable) and a hitatchi monster (EMC-like thing)

so noisy i had to yell to talk to the other admin when we were down there.

i'd be there for two hours and i felt like i had just spent an 8 hour day
digging ditches even though i sat on my ass for an hour or so.

white noises afects us far more than we realize.

-brian