[geeks] argh!/car electrics

Jonathan Katz geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu May 10 17:11:12 CDT 2001

I found it... was under some rags in the garage.

But I have a working ammeter in the '58 now :)
I think it's working. When I turn different
gizmos on (lights, heater) the needle moves.

I also found a bunch of wires that do
certain things.... one comes on when I
turn the lights on... it goes to a
non-existant auxillary light in the cockpit.

I found the lead that goes to the clock. I
hooked it up and the clock is still broken.
I also found that the 'extra' light bulb
hanging behind the dash actually goes to
the clock and the wire connecting to the
bulb gets hot when the lights are turned on.

I found two more leads (one yellow, one brown)
which come on when the ignition is on.

The AM-only Wonderbar Radio had a molex
connector... one is 12v always on, and
the other... well, the other isn't