[geeks] OT: Q. about Lava Lamps...

James geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu May 10 14:44:52 CDT 2001

I had one of these too. I had the same problem if I ran it near a hot
radiator
(large cast iron heating beast for those not born or living in the North
East U.S.).

Perhaps your bulb is throwing more heat that expected? You could place a
Variac in the circuit and reduce the heat. It would make a nice
experiment.