[geeks] PPro Overdrive chips, anyone used them???

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu May 10 12:29:46 CDT 2001

Man, what I paid for my first 16 Meg upgrade to my 486 back in the late 80's - it brings a tear to my eyes...

$200 for 4x 4 Meg 30 pin SIMMs...

(Ouch seems, somehow, woefully inadequate...)

But then, think I paid almost $1,500 for the original system, with 8 Meg of RAM & 486 DX/33 *with* 256K cache (cache was extra!) and a 14" monitor...

Until I got my Ultra 2 2x300, that was the most I ever spent on a computer - I can't imagine paying over $1K for any new machine these days... Unless, of course, it included an 18" TFT flat panel display ;^)

Ken