[geeks] Computer beauty

Tim Harrison geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu May 10 07:21:22 CDT 2001

dave at cca.org wrote:

> >Cray-2 http://www.localhostnl.demon.nl/crayimage.jpg

Fully agreed. :)

> The Thinking Machines CM-2A is incredibly rad.

This is my background on my box at work, actually. :)

My other favourites are:

SGI Indy (yes, common as grass, but soooo cute)
Sun E10k (big, shiny, and purple! :))
McGuire's Cray YMP-EL (I like the curves. :))
IBM RS/6000 SP (very phallic, very cool)
NeXTcube (just slick, any way you look at it)

Of those, I have 3 Indys and one cube.  With the purchase (impending) of
our rental property, we're one step closer to having enough money for me
to invest in a Cray.  I figure, if Tara gets her house, I get my
supercomputer. :)  All depending on me being a citizen, I suppose.

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer
harrison at timharrison.com