[geeks] PPro Overdrive chips, anyone used them???

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed May 9 14:16:47 CDT 2001

Like Bill a few months ago, I got my PPro system cheap (COmpaq Proliant 800 - $200, incl. 128 Meg RAM, 4 Gig UW SCSI HD, 20E20 Tube, 13W3->SVGA adapter, AWE64 sound card). I am wondering if I should have gone for single processor or dual slower... I do have a soft spot for SMP systems (I have Classic Pentium SMP, PPro SMP, SS/20 w/dual SM71s, *two* Ultra 2s with dual 300 MHz CPUs...) - they just seem cooler than single processor systems... ;^)

If you go to www.pricewatch.com you can find the PPro overdrives for under $100 (new).

Ken