[geeks] I was at Radio Shack during lunch, noticed a sale on HTs...

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed May 9 13:21:46 CDT 2001

Radio Shack, it seems, is getting out of the Business Band Radio business, or at least dropping one model of the HTs. They have a clearance sale on formerly $149.95 business band HTs (assumed a couple watts on VHF, one of the "dot" frequencies I figure), marked down to $29.95.

Anyone familiar with these? I am gonna stop by after work and take a closer look, but if these come with matching freq. and rechargable batteries, this is a great deal - beats the snot out of Family Radio Service HTs, and not as expensive as GMRS stuff...

Any thoughts? These would be for inter-car chat on long car trips, etc (kinda bulky though - they look like older Motorola/Icom style, sort of like the "full-size" Radios Shack HTs for 2m/70cm)...

Thanks,

Ken