[geeks] Gnome on SS20

Gregory Leblanc geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed May 9 10:30:27 CDT 2001

On 09 May 2001 09:05:10 -0500, Andrew Sydelko wrote:

> ) On 08 May 2001 22:27:06 -0500, Clay Mellender wrote:
> ) I'm assuming Solaris here, right?  7 or 8?  GNOME doesn't ship with
> ) Solaris until 9 shows up, unfortunately.
>
> It's not even in the Solaris 9 beta right now. If you
> go to Sun's gnome webpage http://www.sun.com/gnome and
> look at the FAQ, they won't be including gnome until
> it becomes 2.0 (it's at 1.4 right now). If you go to
> gnome's web site, they don't even say when 2.0 will
> come out.

I don't know anything about Solaris release schedules, but the GNOME 2.0
API freeze is planned for July, with a release sometime around the end
of the year.  The GNOME website sucks, so if you don't follow the
mailing lists, you miss out on information.  :-(  I guess I'll look at
the Sun GNOME FAQ, and ask a couple of the managers who lurk on IRC.
    Greg

--
Troll, troll, troll your post
Gently down the feed