[geeks] Hello, my name is Ken, and I am a...

Gregory Leblanc geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue May 8 21:14:17 CDT 2001

On 08 May 2001 22:08:15 -0400, nick at snowman.net wrote:
> Cropped stuff
> > all your vme are belong to ME.  send all your VME this way, i LOVE VME.  jeez,
> > pretty soon you'll be ditching all your QBus stuff. :)

I can't afford to run my VME stuff here.  It was too expensive -before-
the energy prices went up..

> Ok, I'll bite, What is QBus?

Old, incredibly slow bus interface found on VAXen.  I've got a full qbus
cage in my VAX 4000-400 at the office.  I think 2 DSSI cards, and the
rest RS-232 serial.  Anybody know how close SCSI and DSSI are?  This
machine is a bit low on disk space, and I'd rather not have to figure
out NFS for VMS.  :-)
    Greg