[geeks] How to register a DNS server?

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon May 7 19:56:18 CDT 2001

On Mon, 7 May 2001, Tim Harrison wrote:
> > OK, I've looked everywhere. I want to register some domains and I want to
> > use my nameserver. However this silly thing saying my nameserver is not
> > registered keeps popping up. So how to do this?
>
> You need to do a host registration with NSI.  I've had no end of
> problems with this, as my address space isn't swipped out to me.  I'm
> sure there's a way around that, but I haven't found it yet. :/
>
> If anyone knows, let me know. :)

We're using OpenSRS and I can only register a name server under the domain
as the master user and the DNS server is a subset of the domain..

IE: Spaz.HuntsvilleAL.COM is the machine name, but it's registered in DNS
as Spaz.Catonic.NET. *Sigh*. I have control of HuntsvilleAL.COM as well,
and it didn't make a difference.

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |