[geeks] The Joy of Power

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri May 4 15:12:38 CDT 2001

There were two very brief power cuts here today - each well under a second -
cos $local_powerco were doing some maintenance in my street*.  All the Intel
boxen rebooted.

All the Sun toyz were just fine.  Not even any problems with the filesystems
on external disks.  I am *so* glad that my important machines use decent
Sun-badged SCSI enclosures :-)

And ... some of you may remember mention of my Landrover 101 FC on the
rescue list.  Well, it's for sale.  Contact me off-list if interested.

* - of course, they didn't think to warn their customers beforehand.

--
David Cantrell | root at alphacomplex.org | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

  Rip, Mix, Burn, unless you're using our "most advanced operating system
   in the world" which we decided to release incomplete just for a laugh