[geeks] Re: [SunRescue] TCF?!

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu May 3 09:55:39 CDT 2001

> See http://www.tcfshow.com/
>
> Ken
> (I'll be the tall guy, laughing for no particular reason at most of the
> offerings - last year the biggest hit was the $50 AS/400s "complete" in
> short racks, ready to roll!)

Now, Ken... I can't laugh at all over 50 buckeroo AS/400's, complete.
Last year, in the Friday Frendly MooU Surplus Diving Pit Feeding Frenzy,
I picked up a perfectly fine AS400 with 6x800gb differential drives, plus
a differential 9 track tape (to make my VAX happy), for 20 bucks.
Granted, it was a beast to shoehorn into the back of my van, even with
seats removed, but there were a lot of hardware in that critter at that
price......(:+}}, but ya gots ta be careful... they be hernia-makers,
fer sure, they be.....

Bob