[geeks] PCMCIA-PCI adapter?

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed May 2 10:36:44 CDT 2001

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 11:32:52AM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> I suspect Bill wants it for a PCI-based SUN box - Sun didn't make an
> ISA-based Ultra 1 did they? Wow, what would Mike/Peter pay for
> something like that! ;^)

Actually, no, this is for my windows crapbox.

> Tee-hee - anyway, back ot topic:
> Bill, why two slot? The universe is rife with PCI-based one-slot adapters
> for 802.11b adapters, do you really need a dual-slot?

Rife?  The only one I know of that is easily available is the
Linksys WDT11, and it *only* works with the Linksys PCMCIA card, at
least according to the box it comes in.

Given that, an 802.11 card IS what I need this for.

I thought a normal pcmcia adapter card would be easier to find.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net