[geeks] weird... (fwd)

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jun 30 08:32:17 CDT 2001

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Kris Kirby wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> > Just so you kids know... I'm moving all my computers
> > around tonight so I won't be on-line if anyone is
> > trying to find me... I'll be back on later, of course.
>
> Which is precisely why I don't move my desktop machine(s) at the same time
> I move the "compute cluster". There are certain advantages to running
> Netscape over the network on an idled K6-2/300.

*Sigh*. And for my next installation, I'm buying a remotable KVM.

I messed up my knee whilst dodging about disconnecting things
before/during an electrical storm. I didn't feel a thing during, but
afterwords, it got harder and harder to bend my knee without pain. So much
so that after sitting at my main ops position upstairs (bedroom) for three
hours, I almost passed out on the way to the bathroom. That's a whole 10
paces, if that. Any movement other than front-to-back was right out, as
was weight-bearing. Good thing I had my brother's crutches... but no way
to keep the joint immobile. Did I mention that the company I worked for
folded? Yeah, no health insurance.

Then the aforementioned K6-2/300 locked up. It's only downstairs. Had to
wait a full 24 hours to reboot it because I couldn't move worth a damn.

I'm back up and moving now. (oh, and browsing as well. :)

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |