[geeks] Debian to ?

Moritz Schmitt geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jun 30 04:47:28 CDT 2001

I think for the stuff you want to do on your machine it doesn't really
matter which operating system you use. Linux defenitly supports more
hardware but BSD is a little faster running on your computer and excellent
in dealing with networks. Additionally BSD is more stable then Linux, but
that doesn't really count 'cause you are using it as a desktop and not as a
server.

The FreeBSD Linux emulation is quite good. Programs running fast and
reliable, so there is nothing to worry about. AFAIK, the RealPlayer runs
well too.

So finally you got to go back to the roots and ask yourself the basic
question: "Is the peguin or the daemon more cute?"

Have a good weekend,
-Momo