[geeks] Cerf Cube

Joshua D. Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 29 15:13:54 CDT 2001

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 ward at zilla.nu wrote:

> What good would TNT or better video do you?  Most 3d stuff would be
> darn-near useless on a box with such abysmal fp performance, no?  For
> 2d, I could see it, but no need for TNT.

Use rational numbers.  There have been some almost decent 3D graphics on
the iPaq, and my understanding is that it is slower, and it doesn't have
any 3D graphics either.

While the StrongArm doesn't have an FP unit, the reports I hear are that
it still isn't too bad at FP if properly optimized.

> If you want a workstation based on strongarm with video, look for a CATS
> board or an old NetWinder.  Not going to have 3d, though.

I'll have to look up the CATS.  The Netwinder just looked like a Multia to
me.  Not very cute at all.

--
Joshua Boyd