[geeks] cool X10 geek stuff FT

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 29 13:03:31 CDT 2001

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, James Fogg wrote:
> See... what did I say about moving to the woods? No neighbors = no problems.
> I had one neighbor in PA that I honestly thought I was going to kill.
> Thankfully he died on his own.
>
> Btw.. the one big bitch I have about the woods is about to change... Were
> getting DSL very soon (oh happy day).

I live 5 miles over the river from $TECH_CITY. $TECH_CITY has DSL all over
the place, as well as cable modems. My cable company, who gets service to
my region by 20+ miles of coax, only offers one-way cable modem service.
See, it's up to the "local" cable company (a bought-out local) to get
thier end up to spec.

Grrr...

Oh, and I live about or less than one mile from the local cable pedestal
where the phone lines are MUX'd onto fiber to be sent to $TECH_CITY. But
they won't install a DSLAM out here.

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |