[geeks] This bogles my mind

Joshua D. Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 17:20:11 CDT 2001

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> No, that would be unfair because I did not choose my gender, nor do I choose
> how old I am.  People choose to start smoking.

Yes, but in this day and age, if you feel that God/Fate/Gaia chose wrong,
you can do something about it.  In other words, your the fact that you
didn't choose a different gender itself constituted a choice about gender.

What was it Penn Jillete would say.  Something like "I'm a 14 year old
lesbian trapped in a man's body".  He also never did anything about it,
although maybe he figured that the 14yr old part was undoable, so why try
to fix the rest.

--
Joshua Boyd