[geeks] This bogles my mind

Joshua D. Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 15:54:23 CDT 2001

"Every single false positive I know of has gotten a retest."

How do you know?  Does every positive get a retest, or do they decide
before retesting whether it is false or not?

Are they given a chance to defend themselves by presenting any
prescriptions they are on?  What if it is a food item that set it off?
Are they expected to know before hand what food items might set off tests?

And if they are so good at weeding out false positives, then why
should they warn you not to count on the job because of a risk of false
positives?

And that is just your company.  What about other companies?

Most companies have a trial period of 6 weeks to 6 months for new
employees.  If the employee is a drugee, it should become apparent before
the trial period is up that he can't adequately do the work.

--
Joshua Boyd