[geeks] This bogles my mind

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 11:40:43 CDT 2001

I remember reading in the trade press a year or two ago that some employers were doing informal "internet" checks - log on to "Google", "AltaVista", or "DejaNews" and search ont he persons name/email address/whatever and decide on the candidate based on what you find. The article I read discussed an applicant for a Tech Support job who, it was found in just such a "scan" of their Internet identity, had a real penchant for flame wars...

They supposedly did not hire him...

Ken