[geeks] This bogles my mind

Chad A. Chance geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 27 17:06:37 CDT 2001

A bit of background first:
I am unemployed.
I knew for quite some time that I was to be unemployed so I had been
actively looking for another position somewhere else.
Last Friday was my last day.
Over the last 2 months I have been talking with a company very seriously
about a position with them. Last Friday they call me up and want me to come
in to meet the owner. Everything so far has been positive, they want me for
the job, so on & so on. So I go to the meeting today, have a talk with the
owner and the current IT director(whom I would have eventully replaced),
everything seems to go fine. The owner sayed that he just wanted to meet
with me and that it was all the in IT directors hands. Even as I was
leaving, everything was positive, the IT director even said he was going to
set up my drug test and would be calling me back by tomorrow with an
official offer...

I just got off the phone and they said they are going to continue looking
for someone else, and that they didn't want me for the position...What's up
with that?
This makes no sense, luckily I had another job lined up so it's not that
much of a loss, but I really wanted the other job.

Sometimes I just don't understand....

Chad