[geeks] PC with Ich

Joshua D. Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jun 23 11:04:57 CDT 2001

Two days ago I commented about my PC crashing mysterious.  I've since
figured out the problem, and thought it was kinda interesting.

Yesterday I came home from work and found the machine crashed again.  I
got it back up and running.  All night it was stormy, as it had been the
day before.  So, I'm watching a movie on my new DVD player, and the power
flickers.  Not enough to reset the VCR, tv, or any other gear in the room,
but the DVD player resets.

I went back to my office, and found that all computers were functioning
normally (did reset or anything), except that my PC had crashed.  Sigh.
There that mystery solved.  I think a UPS is soon going to be in order.

--
Joshua Boyd