[geeks] Rare Finds (was Re: [rescue] 670MP windfall in the surplus diving frenzy today.....)

Joshua D. Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 21 07:10:42 CDT 2001

Well, there are two ways one can have computers around the house.  One is
that you can have computers around the house, due to lack of room (or out
of geekhood).  I rather suspect that this is where McGuire fits in.

Then, there are peope who have computers everywhere out of functionality.
For instance, at my house, the bulk of the computers are in my office.
However, there are also several in my parents office, there are two in the
family room, and there is one in the living room.  I really would like to
get a nice one someday (perhaps one of those flat paneled netcomputers) to
put in the kitchen for recipies, lists, family date organization and such.
This is the idea behind pervasive computing, and some are just further
along than others.

--
Joshua Boyd