[geeks] You want a classic computer?

Zach Malone geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 19 09:15:02 CDT 2001

Hello,
    I have never heard of an 88k Macintosh, could this refer to the Lisa
with the macintosh adapter?  As I understand it, a number of Lisas were
converted to Macintoshes via an upgrade board.  At one point Apple even sold
them under the Macintosh name.  For a long time (Mac 128k and maybe 512k)
the Mac did not have enough power to develop its own apps, so apple did it
on a Lisa.  Dunno if this relates to the MacXL, but that could be what
people are talking about,
    Zach