[geeks] RE: How to find qualified folks

Joshua D. Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 18 13:50:03 CDT 2001

I don't know what ther guaranteed, only what they advertised, and that a
lot of people went to work for them.

I didn't say that employers owe us anything.  But, if the chance exists,
we should try and find fun, high-paying careers.  And, people should be
prepared to settle when/if the time comes.

Actually, I was the guy in the CS lab until 3-5AM most nights, including
saturdays one particularly nasty semester.  Since that semester, there
hasn't been a pressing need to be there (as opposed to at home) that late,
and for some reason, the installation of a PC lab resulted in less people
hanging out in the department.

Now, back to work.

--
Joshua Boyd