How to find qualified folks (was Re: Re[2]: [rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.)

Earl Baugh geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 18 11:24:50 CDT 2001

>Having had a job exactly like you describe (except Cisco, not sun), I
>think you
>also need sales skills, excellent writing skills and deep experience.

Well that would be if the position was really "sales".  This is after the
deal is
signed, just really going out to gauge what it'll take on the technology side.
So writing skills are a plus (but I've got tech writers, so if someone can just
"express the thought" I can get the correct words around it....one of the folks
has a Phd in Medieval/Ancient Languages, so it can be expressed in lots of
interesting
ways...8-) )

Deep experience or a real good thought process is what I'm looking for.
And neither seem to be widely available (but perhaps I have high standards...)

>The money isn't far off the mark though. If it were New York, Boston or
>anything in California I would say you are trolling the bottom.

Yeah, I thought the money was on track.

So the $64K question.  Why should this be all that hard to do?  And what
recommendations could folks give me on what I could do to find more qualified
candidates?  (I'm not interested in "contracting" the position, nor
"consultants".
I want someone who wants to become part of the organization....)

Earl