[geeks] postfix

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jun 17 02:01:12 CDT 2001

why doesn't it do what i want?  grrr.

well, forst off, i set $myhostname to mail.arkham.ws and $mydomain to arkham.ws

i also set the masq stuff to rewrite everything to user at arkham.ws

ok, here's what' it's doing.  the mail machine that sits on the other side of
mail.arkham.ws is named scotty.arkham.ws.  it's setting

mail from: wonko at scotty.arkham.ws

instead of

mail from: wonko at arkham.ws

ok, that'll never do, look up scotty.arkham.ws on the internet.  doesn't
exist. :)

the other problem is that it idetifies itself as scotty.arkham.ws to the
SMTP box it's sending to.  well, of course the other guy is bouncing back
with scotty.arkham.ws domain must exist.

grrr.

how do i get postfix to rewrite me mail addresses and identify itself properly?

thanks!!

-brian

ps: i've rtfm several times, and the way the config is, it looks like it
_should_ be working but isn't.

pps: i'll read this tomorrow and realize how little sense i'm making, it's far
too late, and i got up far to early, me sleep now, be better tomorrow.