[rescue] Re: [geeks] THIS. MAKES. ME. SICK.

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 22:29:56 CDT 2001

> I'm not talking low-end "servers", here.  You can run Solaris Intel on low-end
> PC stuff, but (surprise) it won't be as stable as it will on a E-class box
> with a decent support contract.

apples and oranges dude.

E-class + solaris = well designed hardware built by the same people who write
the OS.

x86 + solaris = hardware designed by some drunk guy 20 years ago that hasn't
really been improved in 20 years, only added on to built by god knows who
running a quick hack of an OS.

-brian

ps: sorry for the late reply, been super busy, and i wasn't going to reply, but
such an easy opening to take a stab at the x86 market. :)