[geeks] NetBSD/OpenBSD: practical differences

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 14 19:45:48 CDT 2001

jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu writes:

>Where can we see said comic book?

This guy out in Colorodo is printing them. Kinda high-end
artsy DIY production - handbound and such. 200 copies.
Should be done by the end of next week.

I'm holding off putting up the PNG files untill he
sells out.

>And why OpenBSD?  I thought you were a big iron guy.

Hmm...

I have a historic interest in big iron. I like big iron.
Big iron does not fit into my apartment. If it did, or
when I move so it can, I can't afford to run the things
24/7. My "production" machines are an RS/6000 Powerserver
930 (1st gen rack-mount server) and a stack of Sun SS2s.

The collection at the RCS is historic. Perhaps when we
get a PDP-10 up and running I'll try to do something
productive on it (never used one!) but I'm not going to
try that with the 1960s minis...

-- david fischer -- dave at cca.org -- www.cca.org -- Cthulhu told me to. --