[geeks] Nextstep resolution

Joshua D. Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 14 08:37:22 CDT 2001

Does Nextstep work decently at 1024x768?  I don't have my HP set up with
nextstep yet (don't have the CDROM or OS, but both are coming), but I just
got a KVM switch.  The KVM introduces a bit of a shadow into the screen
image.  At 1024x768 it is barely noticeable, and quite livable.  At
1280x1024 it is highly annoying.  At 1600x1200 it is unusable.  I didn't
test the box at 1152x??? resolution (could remeber the timing settings
for that for my linux machine), which is what Nextstep on
blackhardware originally used.

Anyway, if Nextstep is reasonbly comferteble at 1024x768, I'll keep the
KVM box (it was really cheap), but if it isn't, I'll need to send the box
back.

--
Joshua Boyd