[geeks] ColorGraphics Artstar?

Clay Mellender geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 1 21:30:54 CDT 2001

It looks like a cromemco system we had, tipped on its side. I believe it
was a system zero or a 3 series. Your error may be caused by the quirky
habit Cromemco boards had. In heat and humidity changes the IC chips
would walk out of their sockets. I remember my dad going nuts over a 3
month old machine suddenly getting errors from RDOS and not booting. I
took a look inside over his shoulder and saw 3 or 4 chips half out of
their sockets and leaning away from the boards. Needless to say, an Air
Conditioner appeared overnite in the computer room. If you are
interested, I may have some CROMIX docs in my storage locker. It is a
pretty decent OS, and very powerful for one that can run on less than
one meg of ram!

Clay