[geeks] ColorGraphics Artstar?

David Michaud geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 1 16:19:12 CDT 2001

"Joshua D. Boyd" wrote:

> This probably doesn't help much, but I found this blurb:
>
> Career high lights include: being a member of the start up staff that made
> Cable News Network possible, Ron also helped to start The Weather Channel
> after leaving CNN. After leaving The Weather Channel Ron joined the staff
> of
> Colorgraphics Systems in Madison Wisconsin where he assisted in the
> development of the Artstar/Liveline V computer graphics system and
> traveled the U.S. and the world demonstrating  Colographics Systems
> products.

> A system called liberty (perhaps from Chyron.) can read artstar disks.
>
> Artstar pops up in bios and resumes.
>
> That's all I see.  Don't know if it helps you find anything usefull.

I have tried contacting a number of these people, but none of them have
had any info on the machine... "we just know how to use it" type of
thing. The Speech coordinator for Ron Clowney never returned my email.
:(

I also found this

http://www-db.stanford.edu/pub/voy/museum/CROMEMCO.html
http://www-db.stanford.edu/pub/voy/museum/pictures/display/3-5-CROMEMCO.html

The little blanks in back of the system have Cromemco stamped on them
too...
And that's the OS that it has on it, CROMIX... The system is based on
the Motorola MC68000 (MC68020RC16 in my system)

Ugh. It's weird stuff.

Regards,
Dave