[geeks] WTB: digital camera

James Fogg geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 31 09:59:36 CDT 2001

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, THOU SPAKE:
> > I love my Graphlex (no hope of a digital back for a 50 year old
> > camera, but the Poloroid, cut-sheet and 120 backs are too cool).
>
> they are interesting cameras.  i don't have any experience on them though.

Yes they are. Its the quintisential (sp?) press photographers camera (from
about 1940 to about 1975). And yes, I do covet, collect and caress #25
flash bulbs (having the original chromed D-cell "Star Wars light sabre" flash
unit). I also collect lens, lens mounts and backs (looking for a cut sheet
ground glass view back - cheap). They are highly collectible, but also
super-common (something like 1 million were made in 60 years).

Another thing I am working on... a barn camera. I have light-sealed my hay loft
and created a foil pinhole "lens" in the wall that faces Mount Kearsarge. I am
working on a negative frame and shutter for the wall opposite the pinhole. I
have aquired a 3 foot by 5 foot negative sheet. I will use split 10 inch PVC
pipe for the chemical trays. When I have the negative I will contact print the
photo on 3 foot byt 5 foot paper. The resolution should be
"count-the-pinecones-on-the-trees" perfect.

	 James D. Fogg, Network Engineer
	Vicinity Corporation - Lebanon, NH

     DESK (603) 442-1751 - CELL (603) 252-1864
     PAGER (802) 742-0280 - HOME (603) 526-7729
            EMAIL jfogg at vicinity.com

If you can read this e-mail, Thank a Network Engineer!