Musicality (was: Re: [geeks] what a variety)

Tim Harrison geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 30 18:48:14 CDT 2001

ward at zilla.nu wrote:

> My wife is working on a grant proposal for an online clearinghouse /
> forum for artists of all types to get together; musicians, writers,
> painters, etc.  Working on a play and need help with the music?  Got an
> album and need an album cover?  That kinda thing.  Just a place for
> aspiring artists of all sorts to meet/greet/collaborate, with a nice
> multimedia file sharing system.

Okay, I'm not nearly *that* cool. :)  I just set it up because there
were a few of us in my area that wanted to find out what the other
people were doing, and get some input and assistance in getting things
together.

If anyone wants to hear the scratch track that I put together (shameless
plug, I know, but I've always been really secretive about my stuff, and
I need to get over the shyness), check it out here (MP3):

http://www.networklevel.com/music/toms_vocals.mp3

Be gentle... :)

Caveat:  This is definitely a scratch track.  It's a little wonky, a
little off, and definitely NOT mixed nicely.  No noise gate, no
compression, no EQing, nothing.  Just plain me playing straight through
to get the sounds, ideas, and noises down.

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer
harrison at timharrison.com