Skunks (was Re: [geeks] UPS and shipping morons

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 30 15:18:03 CDT 2001

> I've got woodchuck problems here too. Local police have banned discharging
> firearms in the city limits however so I'm trying to get creative.
> Paintballs are a good deterent. Too bad I'm not accurate with the rocks...
> :(

My paintball guns are OOC until I get around to picking up a case of
paintballs and my CO2 tank charged.  Even at that, paintballs carry enough
kinetic energy to do some serious damage to the skunks.  I *really* don't
want dead skunks in my backyard, in the suburbs.  If I was living out in the
woods (about 15 miles from here) I wouldn't mind in the least.  The Airsoft
guns just scare the bejeezus out of 'em, and that's all I really want to
accomplish.  Aside from that, with neighbors being only 50ft away, the sound
of a paintball gun could be mistaken for an actual firearm - the >phut< of
an airsoft pistol is very quiet.

Kurt