[geeks] Introductions (was Re: Etiquette)

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 29 20:54:25 CDT 2001

jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu writes:

>On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 10:27:40AM -0400, dave at cca.org wrote:
>> I don't watch TV, and I refuse to watch movies untill this stupid
>> "talkies" fad is over and they go back to making real films.

>Are you serious?  Do you really prefer silent film?

Hell yeah. Nothing Hollywood has ever done can compare to Metropolis.

Actually, there are some modern films I like, but I'm on a strict
"no movies" diet for the forseeable future.

Some of my fave "talkies" are: Freaks, anything by Ed Wood, Repo Man,
Evil Dead II, Fantastic Planet, Wizards, 2001, Dog Day Afternoon, etc.
The most recently made movie I enjoyed was... that remake of Romeo &
Juliette with Decaprio in it. That was cool.

(The Ed Wood thing isn't a goof. His entire approach is a huge
influence on my artwork: put effort where it's needed, don't waste it
elsewhere, don't worry about trivialities, don't look back. Use
whatever's lieing around.)

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------
-------- If it wasn't for good luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all. -------