[geeks] Intros

Big Endian geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 29 15:17:18 CDT 2001

My Name is Daniel Mayfield and I'm not an addict, I swear, ... umm...
never mind.

I'm into live audio work (I do live reinforcement for
weddings/churches/etc as a hobby), "Media" computers (macs, sgis,
Be), and unix.  I got my start when I was 6 and my dad gave me an
Apple IIGS ( I still have it) and a book of BASIC games.  I'm an on
again, off again game programer but I never finish anything.  I found
UNIX about 3 years ago when I met sarah.  She gave me a copy of
RedHat 4.2 on the 486 that I had at the time.  Three years later I
have 1 powermac, 1 powerbook, 1 Indigo2, 1 Axil 320, a few dumb
terms, LOTS of pcs running FreeBSD and a few windows for games.  I'm
currently building a WAN for my friends and I.  I'm trying to learn
things like building digitizer cards and writing operating systems. I
live with sarah and two cats in Centreville,VA.
daniel